Joshua Shriver wrote:
> Perhaps I'm mistaken in my reading, but isn't Mogo a clusterized and
> highly tuned version of gnugo? Things like that made me want to make
> this post. As I find the Go programming community more open to sharing
> ideas and code than my chess world counter part.

You are mistaken.

You may have mixed things up with SlugGo, which at least at some time
could be loosely described as a clusterized GNU Go, although I
don't believe highly tuned fits. I don't know what the current status
of SlugGo is.

MoGo is based on entirely other ideas than classical GNU Go and it's
rather MoGo that has inspired the newer parts of the GNU Go algorithms
than the other way round.

/Gunnar