I know with the Chess community, it's looked down upon to use others code w/
respect to competing in tournaments. I'm curious, how is it with Go?

>From my understanding, many projects are inter-linked, and even some of the
highest programs are derivatives of other engines. In the chess world that
would be considered a "clone" and instantly banned and looked down upon.

Perhaps I'm mistaken in my reading, but isn't Mogo a clusterized and highly
tuned version of gnugo? Things like that made me want to make this post. As
I find the Go programming community more open to sharing ideas and code than
my chess world counter part.

Will gladly stand corrected w/ Mogo if i'm wrong. Though curious to hear
everyones input.

-Josh