Many Faces was also inspired by CrazyStone, in that I decided to switch to
MCTS in December 1997 when CrazyStone won the UEC cup.  At the time I was
putting the finishing touches on my full board alpha-beta searcher (the 4
kyu and weaker levels in the shipping Many Faces), and planning to release
in a few months.

Crazystone's win convinced me that I had to do a complete rewrite to be
competitive.  My implementation is more influenced by Mogo, since I use RAVE
and simple 3x3 patterns during playouts.  I use Many Faces' knowledge for
priors, similar to the way CrazyStone uses its automatically learned go
knowledge.  For priors and progressive unpruning and parallel search I was
inspired by Mango, by Guillaume Chaslot.

I never did figure out to make RAVE work from Mogo's description, so I ended
up with something a little different.

My code is 100% my own of course.

David