We ran the 32-core on kgs for a while.  I think it was about 1 stone stronger
than the 2 core version.  The two core (ManyFaces) is a weak 1 kyu.  I think
the 32-core was a weak 1 dan.  I don’t remember the account name so I can’t
check the rating.

David Fotland has done quite a bit with a 32-core machine, I believe. How much
stronger is MFG on 32 cores versus 4, for the same time limits, on 19x19 Go?

Hopefully, "how much stronger" would be tested with something other than
self-play against a weaker program - play on KGS, or CGOS, or something more
diverse than a weaker clone of oneself.

Terry McIntyre <terrymcint...@yahoo.com>

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” --
Aesop