From: computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org
[mailto:computer-go-boun...@computer-go.org] On Behalf Of Don Dailey
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 4:39 AM
To: computer-go
Subject: Re: [computer-go] MCTS, 19x19, hitting a wall?

I very strongly suspsect that Many Faces, Mogo, Crazy Stone and others are
heavily optimized to play well on exactly the hardware we have at the
moment.

There is the huge problem that you cannot easily test scalability because
you cannot produce the thousands of game needed to get accurate numbers
except at very fast games.    And you cannot get reliable results against
humans without waiting weeks.

I think after a very rapid development period where we saw incredible and
amazing results,  anything less is discouraging and we are ready to throw in
the towel.