Well, at its esence a computer is an universal Turing Machine. If you
organize the program as a neural network or as a MC algorithm is just
cosmetics.

You can see the circuits of your computer as neurons simulating a Von
Neumann architecture that is simulating a neural network or a MC or
whatever. An may be your whatever is simulating another thing.