I disagree with the point that MCTS is a neural network,

In my opinion (and i maybe completely off target) One of the essences
of neural networks is that the program changes/learns from the games
it has played. .

MCTS doesn't have that result, the improvement is only "in-game"
The program doesn't learn not to make the same mistake anymore, by
MCTS the mistake is hopefully avoided.

if MTCS is a neyural network than alpha beta would also qualify.

but i may be wrong it is just an opening for a discussion in which we
all can learn