On 10 May 2016 at 07:57, Urban Hafner <cont...@urbanhafner.com> wrote:

> My impression was that you can only get the status of a ranked bot if it’s
> somehow “stable”. So that would mean that I would have to have a new
> account for each new version of the bot, wouldn’t it? Especially with early
> stage bots like mine the jumps in strength can be quite large. But on the
> other hand, it would be nice to have an idea how strong it is on KGS. :)

You are right.

It ought to be possible to tell the KGS authorities "this is an
experimental bot account. I would like it to be rated. I promise not to
rebuild the bot, if I ever make changes I will abandon the account."  But,
as we are seeing, the process of getting Rated bot status can be slow, and
I am reluctant to overload it.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd      mapr...@gmail.com