Just one question, Sue.  Do you ever try to reach anyone on their cell
phone?

Btw, no charge for checking voice mail.

------ Forwarded Message
From: Sue Cubic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:44:54 -0400
Subject: Re: OT:Cell phone do not call

>At 04:06 PM 10/2/2007, you wrote:
>>I think it is necessary to register cellphones (unless you enjoy wasting
>>your time and minutes listening through all the voicemail spam before you
>>are allowed to delete it). Ours were inundated until we put them on the
>>list. We also got the occasional text message spam until we had it
>>disabled. I don't know if text message spam is covered under Do Not Call (?).

I VERY rarely turn my cell phone on.  I carry it for emergency or for my
own convenience.  I turned it on last week for the first time in probably 2
mo., and there were 8 voice mails.  I guess you have to call a number to
get them?  It's a prepaid TracFone.

I didn't.  I finally figured out how to delete them.  I've given that
number to 2 friends plus the nursing home (who insist I "sign my friend out
to a phone number" when I take her out).  My friends know I don't have the
phone on unless we've made those arrangements.  So I'm pretty sure those
were spam calls.  I'm not going to spend my minutes calling to listen to
spam voicemails.  Or wrong numbers, if that's what it was.

I use up my 500 minutes--or whatever it is that I'm required to buy each
year--in calling some LD friends toward the end of my year.  I honestly
don't want people finding me when I'm not home.  They can leave a msg at
home and I'll call them back.  Most ppl who know me know they can reach me
on email just as fast anyway.

I actually had to get rude with a woman who came into my shop today.  We
started our transaction, and her cell phone rang.  She proceeded with a
conversation with her daughter--simple chit-chat.  Meanwhile, I'm standing
there waiting to finish with her.  I did finally say something to
her.  Like I had nothing better to do than to wait while she finished her
conversation?

Sue

------ End of Forwarded Message