To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Grabbing domain names of well-known persons?

On 10/7/07, Jeff Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ye-e-e-es, Thomas, hence if *she* wanted it by now, *she* would have done
it.  Maybe she's doing it as we speak, so it can be done right.  I don't
think I'd want someone I didn't know doing that on my behalf, without my
permission.

Poor Jeffrey. So used to having people obey senseless rules that he can no
longer come up with reasonable justifications.

I can see the people in your organization. "Another crazy rule from IT. Oh
well, I guess we are used to it by now."

Clearly, no one famous or about to be famous would recommend someone unknown
do something for him/her.

OTOH, looking at what Randy is proposing, he is clearly doing the right
thing by any reasonable person's standards.

There are dozens (that I have heard of) of well-run fan sites that the
famous person endorses.  There are also many where the fan set up the site
and gave it to the famous person later when asked.  There are a handful
where there was some sort of legal fight.  Somehow, given the evidence, I
suspect that Randy is not the one to start such a thing.

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own