> When you log onto a computer, you need to authenticate yourself (so the
> computer system can know who you are) and establish credentials (so the
> computer system can enforce the appropriate access controls, give out
> the
> right privileges, etc.).  Even Windows sort of works like that.  It is
> basic security concept.
>
> If you have an enterprise level system to provide user credentials, you
> clearly don't need local user accounts to do that for you.  This is
> also a
> basic security concept.  Again, even Windows more or less allows for
> that.

Ya think??

> If you don't have time to read the ADmitMac documentation, you could
> Google
> or just skim through their product web pages.

It's been a while since I RTFM'd ADmitMac, but it's designed to work on the
client, authenticating it with AD, not the other way around.  I can log on
as the domain admin, but I won't have admin rights on the Mac.  Any
non-local account runs as a non-root user. Just the same, I'll go over the
docs again.

Now, this may have changed since v. 2.1, which is what we are on.  We had
very bad stability issues with v. 3.  So much so we discovered a major bug
with it.  2.1 is basically stable for us.