At 03:31 PM 10/16/2007, you wrote:
>info world aug 2007
>
>In an ongoing alteration of the consumer PC landscape, Apple laptop sales have
>surged to a new all-time high over the past 90 days -- up from 12 percent in
>June to 17 percent currently. Apple desktop sales (7 percent; down from 8
>percent) have been solid but unspectacular during that same time period.
>
>from wired, may 2007
>
>According to
><http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=conewsstory&refer=conews&tkr=AAPL:US&sid=aZ10DCwhy1Xo>Bloomberg,
> Apple has captured 9.9 percent of the U.S. laptop market, just behind Toshiba
>(26.2 percent), Hewlett Packard (23.9 percent) and Gateway (13 percent).
>
>don't know if this is US or world data.  also, DELL is NOT included.
>
>if you follow the numbers, the laptop market is twice as large as the desktop
>market.  I think these numbers are all screwed up, because they do not include
>direct sales.

When my wife worked for xerox, and they replaced all 10,000 or 20,000 or so
laptops for $10,000,000 or 20m or so, it was a direct sale.

that chart does also  show Lexmark selling about 3M in printers, and xerox does
not make the 3m mark????? the 6 big xerox machines to the IRS were over 3M
total.

these numbers are the total of "one-zies" sales.