She claims we've used 1/3 of the total of earth's natural resource.  In her
fancy graphic she shows things like trees being cut down...wow a third of
all forests are decimated?  In 3 decades?  wow.  Oh wait...forested areas
have remained relatively stable since the early 1900's since companies that
log these forests know that if you don't plant also they would have been out
of business in 1909.  Since no one really knows for sure how much coal or
oil or natural gas lies under ground it's hard to pinpoint using 1/3 of it
in the last 30 years.  She also states offhandedly that almost 50% of the
federal budget goes to military.  Most estimates point closer to 20% even
with adjustments made for bush's war(s).    This is all in the first few
minutes of her introduction.  Are things like oil resources and natural gas
finite?  Sure.  I'm all for using alternative energy, anything dumping crap
into the air, we should find cleaner ways.  I just prefer facts, If you have
to convince me with half truths and exaggerations I'll be cynical of your
argument.  She likes the word crisis...said the same in newsweek in the
seventies when global cooling was the 'crisis'.

Mike