Whatever you want to believe.

It has always amazed me that people want privacy but leave it all hang out (so to speak) In this day of technology you leave so many digital footprints out there. Kind of reminds me of the Head of google getting all bent out of shape when Cnet googled his info and let everyone know it.

As I said in my occupation I have very little privacy. My pay is discussed by a board and voted on by all the congregation (By the way I do not know their financial information or salaries but they all know mine.) I have no say in it except to walk out the door if I am unhappy. My spending is watched over by everyone. Every slip up is discussed in public!

In Europe it is never expected to have the kind of privacy folks think they have here in America. I do not expect privacy. If I am doing wrong I expect to be caught. I do not expect anyone to cover my tracks. (Even if I am paying them, it is not their job to cover for my criminal activity.)

But I do believe you are wrong. What Verizon was assuring you was in conjunction with what they are required to do with your private data resulting from a transaction. It is what any respectable merchant will do when purchasing or divulging any financial data to them, assure you that they will keep this data private.

Collusion with NSA? If the feds come up to me and say we need this, my first reaction, when and how soon! They are the government and I am responsible to them. (Remember Verizon operates under the privilege of the Federal government to use the airwaves and the phone lines.)

Maybe it is because I have such a low expectation of privacy, but it did not disturb me one bit that someone might listen into my conversations. As I said before I have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Stewart