Rev. Stewart Marshall
> Whatever you want to believe.

> It has always amazed me that people want privacy but
> leave it all hang out (so to speak) In this day of
> technology you leave so many digital footprints out
> there.  Kind of reminds me of the Head of google
> getting all bent out of shape when Cnet googled his
> info and let everyone know it.
 <snip>

> In Europe it is never expected to have the kind of
> privacy folks think they have here in America.  I do
> not expect privacy.  If I am doing wrong I expect to
> be caught.  I do not expect anyone to cover my
> tracks. (Even if I am paying them, it is not their
> job to cover for my criminal activity.)

It's my understanding that Europe and the US have
privacy policies that are almost exact opposites.  In
the US, you have laws/policies against warrantless
searches, they aren't allowed to aggregate your data.
That is, the IRS can't compare your tax return with
Social Security Administration records.  Business on
the other hand doesn't have those same kind of
restrictions (see the aforementioned case where cNet
got the scoop on the CEO?COO? of Google).

In Europe, the government can get any information they
want, usually businesses can't share personal data
across boundaries.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly