Well, sir, all I can say is that you need to investigate the goings on within the very company that you apparently work for.

It's easy to suggest impropriety.  I think the burden of proof
is yours, sir.

I can tell you for a certain fact that no one under my command
was ever given an illegal order under the laws of the United States
or contrary to the Verizon Code of Business Conduct.

Nor was I ever directed to give such an order.

Somehow I feel that I'm in a courtroom at Nuremberg here,
with no defense attorney :-).