There is no such affordable battery life that would power your cameras. Other than solar powered charging capability, you will have to tap into house power ... which means hiring a electrician. Maybe there are affordable, widely distributed solar powered yard light units or such that could be co-opted by you to power the cameras

I just googled: "solar powered surveillance camera". http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=solar+powered+surveillance+camera&btnG=Google+Search

db

Tony B wrote:
As you point out, this is a nice indoor webcam, but useless for
perimeter security.  Add another $85 just to get wireless.

>From my own limited research, it seems to me the cameras need a few
basic things:
1) 802 wireless, with a web address
2) weatherproof
3) vandal proof
4) long self-contained battery life

And so far #4 seems to be the kicker. I don't know what the regs are
on mounting one of these up high enough on a telephone pole to be
vandal proof, but I also don't think you could easily get power up
there. And I know I don't want to buy wireless network cameras if I
have to string extension cords around the neighborhood to run them!