Pentium processors are more powerful and expensive. Celeron processors are less powerful, less expensive alternatives for the home market. Pentiums/ more professional/ more expensive machines are probably no more expensive in the long run. More powerful processors and machines have a longer lifespan and involve transitioning between machines less often although buying a gaming machine would be overkill if you aren't a gamer.

Laptops can be "doggy" because they are trying hard to extend battery life. A less powerful processor saves power. So inexpensive laptops can really be doggy...

db

db

Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
Inspiron is the basic level home computer. XPS is a gamers system to a pro system.

Depends on your needs. I prefer the Latitude systems as they are more business oriented, more ports (serial/Parallel) plus a separate and more advanced Video system.

The difference between Celeron and Regular Pentiums is a little more elusive.

Most of the Intels in laptops are M processors which are mobile processors meant to run cooler.

Cache size tends to be the biggest difference between a Celeron and regular processor.

That is all I can remember aobut them I am sure there is more.

Stewart