I don't expect it to outperform a desktop or even equal it. I just have trouble with how under performing most average laptops are these days. (Even WITH adequate RAM)

And from talking to people who know about these things it's because of the power consumption issue. Fast processing capability consumes power so basically they design new "power saving" (read wimpy..) processors in laptops to extend battery life.

Are there any chipset wonks out there who know about these things. I only know what I have heard via the gravevine...

db

Rev. Stewart Marshall wrote:
That is entirely possible when they start putting in the bottom end processors.

I have an AMD dual core processor in my laptop and it is nice.

However I do not expect it to act like my desktop which is a Dual core 2 Ghz, 3 GB of ram and over 500 md of HD space.

I do not expect a laptop to outperform my desktop.

Stewart