Talk to the states of Alabama, Georgia and Florida about this subject. it is not pretty.

Georgia just recently tried to reclaim about 2 miles of TN in a border dispute that was deemed settled until it was realized it would get the state of Georgia more water resources, but take away from TN.

Stewart