From: gerald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] Cable Fights FIOS with Lies
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@listserv.aol.com
Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 2:12 PM

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/03/31/comcast-degrades-hd.html

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1008271

i have comcast in dc.  my sister has fios in dallas, which was very much
better.

the differences i saw in the tv images was considerable.  almost the same as
the spread between regular and hd on a dvd.

the ball at tennis is no longer round, and is fuzzy on comcast.

for internet service comcast  is much more than adequate for home and small
office.

At 10:01 PM 6/25/2008, you wrote:
>Cable ads attacking Verizon confuse consumers
>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080621/ap_on_hi_te/tec_cable_vs_fiber_ads
>
>Cable companies are running ads with a curiously similar message,
>emphasizing that cable networks "are" fiber-optic, even though
none of
>the companies draw fiber all the way to the home, like Verizon does in
>most cases when it installs FiOS. This allows for higher Internet speeds
>and, according to Consumer Reports, better picture quality.
>
>"Cable is deploying the rhetoric instead of the technology," said
Verizon