The wikipedia article you quote says about its table,

"This is a list of tax rates around the world. ... It is not intended
to represent the true tax burden to either the corporation or the
individual in the listed country."

So it's doesn't really settle the matter.  On the contrary side,
according to a recent NY Times article that I am too lazy to look
up, a recent survey found that two thirds of american corporations
pay no taxes at all, and it appears that many of them do this by
reporting a disproportionate fraction of their worldwide expenses
on their US tax returns.

You may also want to look at what Paul Krugman will have to say
on the matter.  He gives the beginnings of his take (more will be
forthcoming) in a recent blog entry,

<http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/19/the-greek-menace/>

in which he points out that the statutory minimum tax rate is seldom
the actual tax rate and that we really shouldn't compare ourselves to
exceptional countries.  Countries such as Monaco, Luxembourg, Iran,
United Arab Emirates, etc., that are in the wikipedia list are certainly
ones that I would say probably aren't good items for comparison.