From: b_s-wilk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: WiFi mobile phone

>> >The iPhone camera is lame, and it doesn't do video. I need a new
>> >camera. Nokia [and other] phones have 5+ megapixel cameras and do
>> >very good video.
>
> No they do not do "very good" video. Have you been watching too much
> of
> the political conventions? The lenses in these phones are of miserable
> quality. They can't do "very good" anything. If you have lowered your
> standards that low you might as well get WinCE, or a Barbie phone.
>
>> >deal breaker is that the iPhone doesn't have a card slot--not good
>> >for travel.
>
> It sure does have a card slot. The card pops out of the top edge. Use
> paper clip to release it.

I borrowed a friend's iPhone yesterday, and would have been happy if he
left without it. It's easy, fun, but doesn't have the right stuff--yet.
I've seen stills and videos done on the N95, and they're impressive,
although not as good as with some dedicated video cameras.

The iPhone has a SIM card slot that can be accessed with the traditional
Apple "special tool". It doesn't have a memory card slot, and that's the
big deal breaker. Most other phones in the same class have memory card
slots. The iPhone is fine for local use, but I wouldn't want it to be my
only phone for travel.

Has anyone tried a dual SIM-card adapter? MagicSIM? SIMore? dual SIM
Samsung, Haier, Philips phones? Could adapter fit into an iPhone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50y9j7w72-E