On Sep 4, 2008, at 2:26 PM, Richard P. wrote:

I would bet that viewership will drop off after the transition due to
the fact that many houses that are able to receive usable VHF analog
transmissions right now will no longer be able to receive a reliable
UHF digital signal.

As for my particular situation, current digital reception of even the more remote stations surpasses that of the parallel analog. That being said, there can be brief periods of signal dropout when viewing the digital signal whereas the analog signal will still be viewable, albeit very snowy and/or faint. When coming through with sufficient signal strength to enable the ability to be viewed, my digital signal quality easily surpasses that of the parallel analog.

  Steve