FYI, there's a simple piece of commercial equipment in use today to
adjust for lip sync errors. All it requires is someone to input the
signal into it, adjust it, and then monitor the output. Master control
at the final broadcast point could do this if directed to. That would
take care the simple stuff like a live program. The networks do this
all the time when their anchors are on remotes. It just takes someone
to make that decision to do it and an operator that cares enough to
monitor it.

Richard P.