I'm a "survivor" of a contrary case: Mac to PC.  The nonprofit where I
work was an all-Mac workplace, except for a few PC's that ran specific
applications.  When we got new management, they switched to PC's as soon
as they could get the funding to do it.  They kept telling us that we
had so many applications that they wanted to run that would not run on
Macs (which wasn't true; the one critical application, a membership
database, ran as well on Mac as on PC, with the aid of a few simple
modifications).  We now use the standard office apps that we had on
Macs.  If there's anything that we now use that won't run on a Mac, I
haven't heard of it.

When I protested that PC's were more subject to malware, I was basically
told "Don't you worry your pretty little head about that."

Why did they throw away the Macs and switch to Windows?  Because to
Management, most of whom are not computer mavens (even when they think
they are), Windows is "natural" (like being right-handed, as 90% + of
humans are).  But Mac is a "mutation" (like being left-handed, or having
perfect pitch, or being able to hold your breath for more than 3
minutes), and thus strange, wild and dangerous; certainly not something
that a "normal" person should have to cope with.  Windows is "I Love
Lucy"; Mac is a foreign film in black and white with subtitles.  You're
born knowing Windows; you have to learn Mac.  This may sound strange;
but it's what our Management felt.

I tried to fight it, but in the end I lost.  You can't fight feelings
with logic.

--Constance Warner