I pulled the memory modules, one at a time and tried to boot up each
time without change. I disconnected the fans to better hear what's
going on and the hard drive is spinning up. The on/off switch works
consistently and holding the switch still allows the computer to turn
itself off. I reseated the CPU without change. It would be nice to try
a CPU/motherboard but I don't think I have any. How interchangeable
are they? The CPU is an AMD Athlon 3200+ and the motherboard is a
MS-7207; Version 1.0

Richard P.