The D bracket is an external bracket that hooks up to the motherboard for the extra USB ports. If it did not come with it, it does not have it. It might have a network LED (by the RJ-45 Ethernet connector) On most motherboards, unless you have a POST card that you can plug in, it is diagnosis by guess.

You have checked virtually everything you can.

Here is an off the wall suggestion. Mostly motherboards flake out not processors.

Go to www.geeks.com and check out their selection of Socket 939 motherboards. I am not wild about Foxconn and have never heard of Winfast, but Asus is good. But depending on how much you want to spend get one of those and see if the processor works. I bet it does.

Here is one final suggestion.

Clear the CMOS and see if you can get into the BIOS that way. Sometimes I have done this as a last resort, but if the board is fried it will not work.

Stewart