I don't recall if anyone has suggested this, but have you tried clearing the
CMOS via jumper yet?

MSI has a good troubleshooting section on their support site:

http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_tshoot.asp#1_1

Any beep codes?

As long as the mobo will support the CPU that you have, they are
interchangeable.