i did not know komkast had modem/routers.
if you get one, make certain it is komkastick approved.  i bought one a few
years that was not approved.

since people are very unhappy with comcast and switching to fios(we did it for
cost -$50 a month), there should be tons of modems on ebay.

"N" routers are super fast.(i think).  i bought one for my wife to connect to
her big MAC.

the "N" she got does not want to change IP address, and conflicts with
something else, so she runs next slower("G"?) and it is plenty fast for her.
she uses the modem/router from FIOS.