That is normally done in most areas.

My mother has septic, but is surrounded by the city.

They have no intent on running lines into my mothers subdivision but if they choose to sign on with the city they will charge them a large hook up fee, and then the customer will have to pay to run the line from the house to the street, WHEN THE LINE IS PUT IN. (No guarantee on when) Oh all this must be paid up front.

Nice way for a city to cash in and then procrastinate.

Our church is on septic although we are well within the city limits. We have been told that if we want to hook up, we must put in a grinder pump system of City Approved pumps and pay the city a yearly fee to service the pumps. Oh plus a hook up fee for commercial properties. Guess that is why we have kept our septic system.

Stewart