>I have a question about AVG updates. Mine doesn't.

Now the MS has vanquished the last computer virus there is no need for
updates.

>Mine doesn't. I've got three computers (one dual booting XP/Win7) with
>AVG and all set to auto-update, and they've all been failing
>("Connection failed"). It shouldn't be my Internet connection, because
>they're at two different locations (the dual boot at both).

You may have DNS problems. Have you tried switching to OpenDNS or is you
already are switch to yur IPS's DNS.

Have you been hacking your hosts file? That could break things.

Could be that your software is pointed at a server that is having
trouble. That would be internally stored information. Have you tried
downloading a fresh copy and reinstalling?