>USB3 claims to be 10X faster than USB2. In real world applications, that
>makes it about as fast as FW800. But is it as reliable as FW for video?
>I doubt it. What if the USB3 device isn't the only one on the bus? How
>does it compare the the new FW project?

Based on personal experience, I avoid USB for large data transfers
because too often USB transfers terminate before completion. I just don't
have the patience to repeat the transfer multiple times, never knowing
when it will really happen and never being fully confident that the
transfer was correct.

FireWire is quick and never gives me problems. It works the first time,
every time.