>Technically, the FAT32 format of the drive can't handle files larger >than 4GB. Are the videos, etc., larger than that? To use larger files >you need NTFS. Can you reformat that drive? If/when you do, can you >transfer the videos?

Yes, I had some external drives that were FAT that I neglected to reformat to HFS+. That was ugly.

>USB2 drives that are Mac formatted seem to be OK with large files, but I >don't have a flash drive that big, only hard drives.

No, I'm finding the problem with HFS+ drives and USB2. Switch the same drive to FireWire and the copy zips along.

You're right about the USB. I have a new USB2 terabyte drive that keeps choking and stalling when I use TimeMachine, and just about anything else for back up. I was going to use it for video, but now I don't think so. I'm considering putting it in a FW case. Kind of a waste of a new drive case. It's a Seagate that's quiet and looks kind of nice too.

It was NTFS when I got it. Tried FAT32 to use with peecees. Now it's HFS+. Maybe it's the drive and not the case?