On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Snyder, Mark - IdM (IS) <
mark.sny...@ngc.com> wrote:

> Actually my fortune-100 company is reconsidering their Windows-only
> policy.  This has been gaining momentum since many senior IT
> administrators are buying MacBook Pro's and setting up dual-boot.
>
> The MS-sponsored "Apple-tax" is as thin as can be; they must stretch
> beyond truth to make their arguments and are attracting much parody.
> The costs are closer than you think.

Yep Two OS for the price of 1.5 Machines.

Not exactly. Our HP notebook with Vista Business retails for the same price as the base MacBook. We added more RAM to both, Switched out the optical drive from the HP, bought a FW PC card, got the MacBook with a SuperDrive. Price is pretty much equal, except I can run XP Pro [from the PC we just sent to the landfill] on the MacBook.

The real result with the MacBook: Two OS for the price of ONE notebook. In businesses that have site licenses for their software, the Mac is the best deal. Otherwise, choose whichever is best for you, but comparable machines have comparable prices.