Why did we do this anyway?

I have cable at home, but have no cable access at my lake property (or I would have it there also). We were able to pick up at least SOME snowy reception from the nearest city (Syracuse, NY) with analog and a roof antenna, for 3 major networks. Now with a DTV converter, we are able to pick up 2 non-network Syr channels crystal clear, but NO network channels.

Nevermind that we subbed to DirectTV (satellite) several yrs ago, but were hoping that we would now be able to pick up the most local channels via digital. It didn't work.

Sue