Don't know why you listen to him we don't.

Stewart

At 02:51 PM 7/31/2009, you wrote:
On Jul 31, 2009, at 9:19 AM, Roy A. Ackerman, Ph.D., E.A. wrote:
And, let us not be so smug- the reports over the past two days of
significant security failures in Macs, iPhones, and iPods means
that as
Apple market share augments, its desirability as a target and its
inherent
flaws will force the (heretofore smug) users of these devices to
update and
add security (antivirus, antispam, and personal security firewalls) to
preclude the loss/damage of private information.

Eschew Obfuscation

Looks like a case of "Obfuscation" to me.

What "security failures." Should you truthfully be calling it
"discovery of potential flaws?" It ain't a "security failure" if it
hasn't been exploited and it hasn't. Just like you are potentially
deceased, but I'm sure you don't want us to consider you dead. By
your faulty logic we are all dead already.

...as Apple market share augments, its desirability as a target...

This is more faulty logic. Products with large market shares do not
have to be defective. You use one company, M$, as your model and come
up with wild assertions. You are not thinking straight.

the (heretofore smug) users

"Smug" carries too much baggage to be accurate. "Smug" implies
excessive pride. Mac users pride is hard earned and based on real
achievement. Only someone with an excessive Windows inferiority
complex would use the word "smug."

Speaking of having an excessive Windows inferiority complex, did you
catch the Ballmer anti-Apple tirade...
http://blogs.reuters.com/mediafile/2009/07/31/ballmer-skeptical-of- apple-share-gains/

"Share versus Apple, you know, we think we may have ticked up a
little tick, but when you get right down to it, it's a rounding
error," he said. "Apple's share change, plus or minus from ours, they
took a little share a couple quarters, we took share back a couple
quarters. But Apple's share globally cost us nothing. Now, hopefully,
we will take share back from Apple, but you know, Apple still only
sells about 10 million PCs, so it is a limited opportunity."

*** Shipments of Apple's Mac PCs rose 4 percent in the June quarter,
while the global PC market shrank 5 percent, according to Gartner. ***

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net
Ozark, AL  SL 82