Too true.  Marketshare in itself does not imply security or lack of.  But
logic does seem to dictate that those who go after the insecure OS's go
after the one with larger marketshare since they don't seem to go after the
one with smaller marketshare which has been proven to be no more secure.  As
has been said time and time again, OS X is security by obscurity, not by
design.  But the end result for the user is more security just the same.