To continue:
I use the Logitech cordless optical trackman on the iMac that I use for EyeTV in the living room. I just checked it and with used batteries it was still working from 8 feet away.
I could use one of the bluetooth keyboards, but I haven't sprung for that.

db wrote:
Yes, but those are all PC keyboards mostly with separate mice except for the expensive ( $185 )one made by Apple and it has no integral pointer / mousepad. The reason I am looking for such is to turn a white Tiger macbook with a broken unreadable screen into a multimedia center machine (mostly for downloading and playing movies) by placing it in the cabinet and hooking the video to a the large screen LDC digital TV and adding an external drive to it. It's working great except that it requires getting up from the couch and kneeling before the TV cabinet for every adjustment etc. and THAT is a REAL nuisance and kind of defeats everything. (So would having a keyboard with a separate mouse as there is no where to place the mouse but one's lap.)