> Again very disingenuous.
>
> You can make a choice in housing very simply.  You either find a
> house within your income bracket or you move.
>
> Cant afford Steak, buy chicken and ground beef.
>
> Been there done that.

You miss my point, Rev.  I expect that of Tom, but you?

We are being told that health care is a "right."  I disagree.  Health care
is paramount, no doubt, but it is no more a right than food or a place to
live.

I have a right to life, if nothing else, but I don't have a right to demand
that someone provide me with food to eat.  I have a right to be sheltered
from the elements, but I don't have the right to demand that I be provided a
home.  If I want these thing, I must provide them for myself or enter into a
charitable arrangement.  Call me old fashioned for still believing in the
work ethic.

If someone must provide you with something of value in order to enjoy a
"right," then it is not a right, but instead a privilege.  For me to enjoy
my right to free speech, no one needs to build me soap box nor provide me
with a megaphone.  I can't even force you to listen.  *That* is a right.

> Health care is not so easy.  Very often people are frozen out of
> health care because they either cannot afford it.  (most of the folks
> who sell cheap insurance are rip off artists) or they cannot get
insurance.

Then we should get the state out of the health care business and allow real
competition to work, so that it can be affordable for everyone, just as it
is for food and shelter.  Guvmint interference has done far more harm than
good in that regard.

We already have examples of what to expect from guvmint run health care.
Why hasn't anyone talked about reforming Medicare first?  Shouldn't we see
if that much more modest plan, already in existence, can be made sustainable
and workable, before we talk about adding trillions more in spending that we
don't have to begin with?  Medicare is already going to be underwater in the
next few years.  How will O-Care be any different?

I'm sure you've read it by now, but if not, read Whole Foods CEO John
Mackey's op-ed on real reform in health care.  Very good ideas in it and one
of the few honest propositions in this debate.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204251404574342170072865070.ht
ml

And I will reiterate for clarity:  I already spend much more on food and
shelter than I do on health care, at any point in time.  I don't consider
myself lacking in any of the three.