> What I do find is that one side only mentions the problems with the other
> side.  For every Madoff there is a government bureaucrat like Geithner
> ripping us off.  For every wall street banker there are guys like Ted
> Stevens or Charlie Rangel.

Actually, what I think is that each side either doesn't see or doesn't notice when the
other side criticizes one of its own. I've seen plenty of "If Rangel did what they
say, he's got to go" on
liberal sites. Same thing with ACORN. The general liberal position I'm seeing is,
"ACORN didn't mess with the 2008 election in any significant way (as
conservatives believe), but saying that that
doesn't mean that I support everything they do. These videos show some outrageous
behavior that needs to be addressed, pronto."

Five people at ACORN were involved in the videos. They were fired. While they behaved wrongly, many others at ACORN were also set up and filmed illegally, and the employees in other offices called the police when the fake posers became too aggressive and refused to leave. Individuals did the wrong thing and were punished, however, blaming ACORN and trying to shut them down, when what they do is help poor, mostly African American, people, is disingenuous.

Instead of blaming the cleanup guy, Geithner, why not go back further to charge other government bureaucrats like Goldman Sachs' Hank Paulson who handed out money to his friends on Wall Street without requiring any accountability. Paulson is an example of a government bureaucrat who also is a capitalist Wall Street banker--at the same time. Go back a bit further and charge Billy Tauzin who fought for a Medicare prescription drug bill that prohibited negotiating with drug companies, while taking lots of money from Pharma, then immediately leaving to head Pharma. Then there's Dick Cheney whose holdings in Halliburton and related industries were directly related to his actions as VP. Yesterday Max Baucus emerged from committee to present a health insurance proposal that's more friendly to private insurance companies and Pharma than to the American people, while taking over $6 million from the private health care industry over the past 6 years. There are many more examples of private corporate interest overseeing actions in Congress, to the point of writing legislation. There's guilt on both sides of the aisle, inside and outside the government.

Who profited from the change from analog to digital TV when public frequencies were sold instead of leased or licensed, and now millions of people are without television? Who profits from lack of competition in broadband, and which members of Congress work for those companies instead of working for us?

That duality is the problem. That duality must be controlled. The government should represent 'We, the people...' not 'We, the corporations...' Where friendliness to corporations benefits people, that's great, but where it harms people, compromise and strong regulation is necessary.