> If one doesn't like what the faceless corporate bureaucrat decides, one can
> drop the insurance and go
> with someone else.  With government, there is no choice -- no place to escape
> to.

And there's no other insurance company to escape to if you have a preexisting
condition. You'd just better hope that your insurance company doesn't cancel
you or quadruple your rates on the next
renewal (as they did with me). IMO, there are far too many healthy young people
in the debate saying, "I don't see what's wrong with our current system." Of
course not. They've never seen what happens
when you actually use the insurance.