I don't think they do that in Europe, at least, not in France.

I'm pretty familiar with what US audio equipment goes for in
Japan and Australia.  It's a 20-30% percent markup over US
list, that it gets bought says something for the quality of the
product.

Of course it's all high end specialty stuff, expensive even here.

Yeah, the exchange rate is a factor, Canadian dollars were at
par with US dollars at one point recently, still pretty close.

So this may not be the ideal point at which to buy a Bryston
amplifier?  No, you know you have to have it.

Or a pen, forsooth.

:-)