I just have frequent instances where certain combinations of USB devices
produce a spontaneous re-boot of the computer, or a blue screen of death if
they are all plugged in when the system is booted.  No real practical way to
figure out what the conflicts are and why.  But not likely that you and I have
the same set of explicit USB peripherals (make and model of external hubs,
external disk drive enclosures, etc.).

Fred Holmes