Don't fall for this. The person claimed he needed to read his emails
when he wasn't online. I pointed out the fallacy involved. Namely,
that if he had a job that *really* required this, he could get cell
coverage over most of the country.

Of course, it turned out he really has no such need, and is just using
that as yet another excuse to cling to his old email app.

Unlimited emails are available with $50/mo cell plans. That's close to
what most people pay, often for everyone in the family, including the
kids! If you have a job that really requires the best, unlimited cell
internet is about $150/mo, but your employer might pay for it. Limited
internet is about $100/mo, or only $600 more per year - hardly out of
the range of most people.

That's REALLY expensive. Our Internet and landline and mobile combined are less than $70, plus my husband's PAYGO is about $50 a year. Nobody "needs" to pay $150 a month for one mobile account unless it's for business and it's tax deductible, or you have a lot of money to throw around.

Most people I know don't. iPhone unlimited plans are $70 a month, which is bad, but if you don't have a land line and you're single with a good job like my son it's not prohibitive. Once you have a family with multiple plans, it gets too expensive just for "convenience".

*$150/mo is outrageous for one mobile account, so is $100/mo* So is charging for incoming calls, and 20 cents for text messages without a plan, and two year contracts...