Retails on these go from $499 (low end) to $699 (middle high end) on many of the ones I have seen.

Of course that is not the real cost of these things.

So when you pay $199 or even $99 on one of these babies you are not paying retail pricing you are getting a subsidized phone.

Very often we get phones from Verizon for $49.95 or even less (with rebates etc.) these are m,middle of the line phones that are often pretty current.

My wife and I both have ENV2's I bought mine in the after market (Ebay) and my wife bought hers through Verizon. She paid $49.95 ($99.95 + $50./00 rebate) and I paid just over $100.00.

However both phones costs were offset by selling the old phones. I ended up paying less than $20 for mine after the sale of my old Q and my wife actually got money back when she sold hers.

So it is hard to nail down a true price on a phone.

Most of it is set by desirability and market.

I have seen folks selling older Iphone (1+2 gen) and still asking well over $100 for them and probably getting it.

Stewart