Yes,

Uninstall Zone Alarm Pro completely. I think you are going to find that was the problem.

Ever so often anybody's updates can and will break things and security software has deeper hooks into your machine than any other besides the OS itself.

If it solves the problem, contact ZA support and let them tell you how to fix it. You might have to go back to the previous version and don't do updates until they fix the problem.

db

Ranbo wrote:
*Thanks,

I couldn't get Fire Fox to load, so downloaded a new version and it now
seems to be working better (opens links, loads pages, etc.) though some
pages are still pretty slow.  I'll do these other steps as well.  Should I
uninstall some of the spyware programs and uninstall Zone Alarm Pro,
including firewall (while turning on Windows firewall) to see if this
improves loading speed?

Randall
*