I have used a dock app in windows that mimics the OS X dock, I'd have to say
with those new 27" imacs and those MASSIVE resolutions, you'd have to have
about 300 programs open before they'd be too small.  This just boils down to
which you prefer, I liked having all windows showing in the dock because I
used it to switch apps.