On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:10 AM, Victor Subervi <victorsube...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's not the problem. The problem is I would like to get it ASAP. Ever
> since I returned from the Dominican Republic flat broke 5 months ago I've
> literally been working on borrowed computers or at people's places of
> business (including trades with Internet cafes). I haven't had my own
> computer for 5 months, and I'm a programmer and Web site developer! I've
> been way-laid with things that changed in the industry (such as outsourcing
> and server farms with their suddenly pathetic hardware "solutions") and
> writing a totally automated shopping cart from scratch (some 12,000 lines of
> code!) which have made it almost impossible to survive. Now that's behind me
> and I can actually afford my own computer. I'd like to get it here ASAP and
> get this monkey off my back!

  Understood.  I would recommend checking with the Post Office to make
sure that they can handle and deliver whatever package(s) Apple or
whomever would be shipping, and proceed to make arrangements with or
cajole your brother into receiving said shipment and then re-sending
it to you via the USPS.  At least that will get the process underway
and you can cease thinking about that end of the problem.

  Steve