On Jan 30, 2010, at 6:30 PM, phartz...@gmail.com wrote:
 I was not reacting to anything that Apple did or did not do.  I was
querying you about why you were telling someone that wanting to have a
USB port is a symptom of "clinging to the past," seemingly some kind
of disorder in your view, and also represented a means of data
transfer that "one should no longer need."

I close my eyes and imagine you walking around with your ideal iPad. A dozen cables snaking their way to the floor and various peripheral boxes clanking as you drag them behind.

That is not how Apple views the future.